Established in 1999, the Center for Improvement in Healthcare Quality (CIHQ) is a membership-based organization comprised primarily of acute care and critical access hospitals. CIHQ is headquartered in McKinney, TX. Our purpose is to:
- ADVOCATE on behalf of our members in shaping the accreditation and regulatory environment by working with CMS in the development of standards and regulations.
- EDUCATE members on standards, regulations, and the survey process and encourage the professional growth of individuals in the field of healthcare accreditation through national certification.
- ADVISE members on changes to standards and regulations and the impact on their organization.
- ASSIST members in determining their compliance to accreditation standards and CMS certification requirements.
- IMPROVE the ability of our members to successfully meet the challenges of today’s regulatory environment.
Also, CIHQ provides an accreditation resource service (ARS).