HAI Prevention 101
- All employees
HAI Prevention 101 teaches best practices for preventing contamination and the spread of infectious diseases within a healthcare facility. Contamination can occur during construction or operation of a healthcare facility. This course reviews various scenarios in which contamination can occur and discusses means and methods to prevent contamination from occurring. This course also reviews the harmful impacts that could result from a healthcare-associated infection.
- Define healthcare-associated infections and list negative outcomes that could result from contamination
- Describe standard protocols for handwashing, gowning, and using protective equipment
- Discuss means and methods to prevent contamination and the spread of healthcare-associated infections
- Recall scenarios that could adversely affect the Environment of Care through contamination
- Review best practices for various containment, testing, treatment, and mitigation procedures